Instead of the suggested entry for the journal, I am writing a short summary . I think I have already answered the guide questions on my previous post “How I failed to Learn and to Teach”. Writing again on the same thoughts would be redundant and I don’t find the motivation to write my views about it. I would also like to take this opportunity to show my appreciation to everyone who have made this course a wonderful learning experience.
The following are the top 10 lessons I learned in this class:
- We have different types of learner with different styles of learning.
- Reinforcements help to increase desired behaviour while punishment decreases undesired one. Capital punishment can lead to psychological trauma later in the student life.
- Students should learn how to take responsibility of their own learning and behavior. Thinking about one’s thinking is another skill that is valuable to learners to develop.
- Lessons should be aligned with students developmental age and curriculum should address age-appropriate activities.
- Learning is active rather passive and it takes time.
- The role of teachers is to facilitate learning.
- Learning to work well with others develops not only emotional intelligence but also students learn from each other.
- Elaborate to processing information deeply.
- Develop HOTs rather rote memorization.
- Enjoy and have fun in learning.
Sa lahat na nagging bahagi ng aking mahirap at masalimuot pero magsayang paglalakbay sa kursong ito, maraming maraming salamat po!